CRG Automation is an innovative custom packaging equipment manufacturer, poised to expand our presence in the evolving consumer products packaging industry. Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky we seek a focused Electrical Engineer to join our engineering design team during this exciting growth phase of the business.
Our product portfolio includes top load and end load cartoners, product infeeds, case packing, robotic systems, custom sanitary skids, rebuilt packaging equipment, controls upgrades and custom packaging equipment with other end-of-line solutions. All machinery is manufactured by CRG Automation in our Louisville manufacturing plant. Individual machines can be designed and fabricated, however there is a strong, continued emphasis on providing fully integrated solutions for our valued customers.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing, creating, testing, and implementing PLC programs and HMI builds required to control systems and equipment. Able to work well within a multi-disciplinary team, the ideal candidate will be familiar with multiple part manufacturing process design and have experience programming control systems for automated equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Solve electrical engineering problems from component through system level.
- Provide engineering and technical support for the sales, procurement, manufacturing and field service teams.
- Work with design and manufacturing teams to achieve project schedule delivery.
- Create schematics and panel plate drawings based on a sound working knowledge of electrical theory and industry practice.
- Contribute to the development and review of documentation of new machine designs, including bill of material, drawings and operating manuals.
- Troubleshoot existing /new panel wire connections and safety circuits. Some travel required to customer sites for field installations, support and de-bug.
- Some travel required to customer sites for field installations, support and de-bug.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3-5 years hands on experience designing, programming, installing, de-bugging and maintaining PLC based control systems.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of NEC/OSHA safety regulations and requirements.
- Proficient with PLC ladder logic.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC, Servo programming and HMI development.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, familiarity with AutoCAD is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Quality and precision focused with the ability to work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
- Experience with FANUC and Kawasaki robots preferred.
This is a salaried, exempt position and we are proud to offer a competitive benefits package. The successful candidate will live in the Louisville, KY area and report to the Director of Engineering. A pre-employment drug screen and background check must be successfully completed.