CRG Automation provides custom engineering of automated solutions for the packaging, material handling and manufacturing industries and is continuing to expand our capabilities. Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky we seek a focused Electrical Engineer to join our engineering design team.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing, creating, testing and implementing PLC programs and HMI builds required to control systems and equipment. Able to work well within a multi-disciplinary team, the ideal candidate will be familiar with multiple part manufacturing process design and have experience programming control systems for automated equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Solve electrical engineering problems from component through system level.
- Provide engineering and technical support for the sales, procurement, manufacturing and field service teams.
- Work with design and manufacturing teams to achieve project schedule delivery.
- Create schematics and panel plate drawings based on a sound working knowledge of electrical theory and industry practice.
- Contribute to the development and review of documentation of new machine designs, including bill of material, drawings and operating manuals.
- Troubleshoot existing /new panel wire connections and safety circuits. Some travel required to customer sites for field installations, support and de-bug.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3-5 years hands on experience designing, programming, installing, de-bugging and maintaining PLC based control systems.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering. Knowledge of NEC/OSHA safety regulations and requirements. Proficient with PLC ladder logic. Experience with Allen Bradley PLC, Servo programming and HMI development.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, familiarity with AutoCAD is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Quality and precision focused with the ability to work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
This is a salaried, exempt position and we are proud to offer a competitive benefits package. The successful candidate will live in the Louisville, KY area and report to the Managing Director. A pre-employment drug screen and background check must be successfully completed.