Job Type: Full Time
CRG Automation provides custom engineering of automated solutions for the packaging, material handling and manufacturing industries and is continuing to expand our capabilities. Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky we seek a focused Mechanical Drafter to join our engineering design team.
The Mechanical Drafter is critical to our front-line sales effort and the successful delivery of our projects. The ideal candidate will be well versed in multiple part manufacturing process design and have extensive experience drafting, designing, and building automated equipment.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Initiate and complete advanced machinery design, through concise communication with sales personnel and customers.
- Develop accurate cost estimates and proposals in collaboration with our sales team. This would involve on-site audits of customer facilities to measure and document equipment in detail and generate 3D models.
- Provide solutions for technical issues during project discussions and the design review process.
- Work with the design and manufacturing teams to achieve project schedule delivery and meet business goals.
- Responsible for detail drawings and data vault.
- Manage the development and review of documentation of new machine designs, including bill of material, drawings, and operating manuals.
- Some travel required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 10+ years of mechanical drafting experience, preferably designing automated machinery.
- Proven track record of dealing with high-level engineers through the design and development process.
- Associates Degree in Drafting.
- Excellent comprehension and experience with electro-mechanical devices.
- 5+ years’ experience with SolidWorks is required. PDM experience is preferred.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Quality and precision focused with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Must love details, accuracy, and precision.
Join The Team