Senior Mechanical Engineer
CRG Automation is an innovative custom packaging equipment manufacturer, poised to expand our presence in the evolving consumer products packaging industry. Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky we seek a senior level Mechanical Engineer to lead our equipment designs through this exciting growth phase of the business.
Our product portfolio includes top load and end load cartoners, product infeeds, case packing, robotic systems, controls upgrades, custom packaging equipment, and custom material handling with other end-of-line solutions. All machinery is manufactured by CRG Automation in our Louisville manufacturing plant. Individual machines can be designed and fabricated, however there is a strong, continued emphasis on providing fully integrated solutions for our valued customers.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is critical to our front-line sales effort and the successful delivery of our projects. They will drive the mechanical designs in all technical matters. A leader in driving to goals, design solutions, and innovation. The ideal candidate will be well versed in multiple part manufacturing process design and have extensive experience designing, specing and building automated equipment.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop accurate cost estimates and proposals in collaboration with our sales team. This could involve on-site audits of customer facilities to measure and document equipment in detail and generate 3D modeling.
- Initiate and complete advanced machinery design, through concise communication with sales personnel and customers.
- Provide solutions for technical issues during project discussions and the design review process.
- Drive the design to achieve project schedule delivery and meet business goals.
- Responsible for full machine/system mechanical functionality, including testing methods and adherence to applicable codes.
- Manage the development and review of documentation of new machine designs, including bill of material, drawings and operating manuals.
- Some travel required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 10+ years of mechanical engineering experience, preferably designing packaging machinery and custom automation.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Proven track record of dealing with high-level corporate engineering, purchasing and plant management personnel.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Excellent comprehension and experience with electro-mechanical devices.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, familiarity with SolidWorks is a plus.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Quality and precision focused with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Understanding of programable logic controls preferable.
This is a salaried, exempt position and we are proud to offer a competitive benefits package. The successful candidate will live in the Louisville, KY area and report to the Director of Engineering. A preemployment drug screen and background check must be successfully completed.