Junior / Mid Mechanical Engineer
CRG Automation provides custom engineering of automated solutions for the packaging, material handling and manufacturing industries and is continuing to expand our capabilities. Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky we seek a focused Junior/Mid Mechanical Engineer to join our engineering design team.
The Junior/Mid Mechanical Engineer is a critical team member in the successful delivery of our projects. Contributing to design solutions and innovation, the ideal candidate will be versed in multiple part manufacturing process design and have experience designing, spec-ing and building automated equipment.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Initiate and complete advanced machinery design, through concise communication with sales personnel and customers.
- Develop accurate cost estimates and proposals in collaboration with our sales team. This would involve on-site audits of customer facilities to measure and document equipment in detail and generate 3D modeling.
- Provide solutions for technical issues during project discussions and the design review process.
- Lead the design and manufacturing teams to achieve project schedule delivery and meet business goals.
- Responsible for full machine/system mechanical functionality, including testing methods and adherence to applicable codes.
- Manage the development and review of documentation of new machine designs, including bill of material, drawings and operating manuals.
- Some travel required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 1-5 years of mechanical engineering experience, preferably designing packaging machinery.
- Proven track record of dealing with high-level corporate engineering, purchasing and plant management personnel.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Excellent comprehension and experience with electro-mechanical devices.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, familiarity with AutoCAD (SolidWorks) is a requirement.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Quality and precision focused with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Understanding of programable logic controls preferable.
- Machine building and custom manufacturing experience desirable.