Founded in 2000, CRG Automation specializes in the custom engineering of automated solutions for the packing, material handling and manufacturing industries. Located in Louisville, KY. Our highly experienced team of engineers, fabricators, machinist and electrical controls specialists work closely together to full execute design, fabrication, assembly and testing. We are looking for a dynamic Sales Engineer to join our team at this strategic time in our next phase of growth.Our product portfolio includes automated continuous and intermittent motion cartoners (top and end load), case packers and case erectors, product accumulators and transfers, palletizers, stretch wrappers and robotic integration. All machinery is manufactured by CRG Automation in our Louisville, KY facility. Individual machines can be designed and fabricated, however, the magic happens when we are able to provide our customers with a fully integrated solution.The Sales Engineering Professional is responsible for the overall promotion of the company’s products and services, the acquisition of new business, and growing our sales base by continually delighting all customers. This includes overseeing the ongoing servicing of existing customer accounts and generating new business from these clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
Drive sales and lead generation efforts
Grow and service customer relationships
- Log a minimum of sales in-person calls of 30 / month
- Complete and submit properly prepared RFP’s for proposal development.
- Follow up on leads, RFPs and proposals in a timely manner
- Develop new business to meet the needs of the business’s annual growth goals.
- Achieve annual sales goals
- Maintain existing account relationships in a professional and profitable manner
Concept development is a key component of this role.
- Must be able to conceptualize and visualize the customer’s aspirational goals.
- Turning the customer’s objectives into an easy to understand, proper, 3D-enabled proposal. Leveraging the extended CRG Team to accurately develop & complete proposals.
Develop, maintain and execute a Regional Account Plan.
- Prepares and implements strategic sales plans showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed customer base expansion for their territory
- Research and prospect for potential customers (phone calls, e-mails, conferences and tradeshows, network within the industry etc.)
Maintain CRM data base.
- Capture all sales activity and maintain sales forecast in the CRM
- Develop and maintain sales reports with company reporting tools
- Maintain and update the CRM/data base with commitment objective, notes and next steps to close.
- Maintain calendar with all activities, meetings, travel schedule etc.
Promote & sell company equipment
- Prepare and present sales proposals, Power Point presentations, videos and solutions required to close the sale.
- Negotiate contracts.
Work closely with customers to ensure the company is meeting all goals & objectives towards customer satisfaction
Attend training sessions and company meetings as required
Stay abreast of new technology, market developments, appropriate standards, and competitor offerings and keep current on trends from both market and technical standpoints.
Work cross-functionally across the enterprise to identify key influencers, define gaps in products or services, and develop and implement the necessary tools to capitalize on opportunities
Adaptable and open to change regarding customer solutions and internal company business plans
- 50% - Finding and meeting with new prospective clients
- 40% - Working with existing customers
- 10% - In office administrative duties: hosting customer visits, meeting with internal colleagues on current quotes and projects, preparing presentations, monitoring customer product testing, Etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 10+ years of sales engineering experience
- A minimum of 4+ years of custom project related sales engineering experience in automation and/or packaging machinery
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- History of driving revenue growth including new channel launches and initiatives
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- Financial and Accounting understanding of P&L
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High energy and willing to Travel as needed
CRG Automation offers a competitive base + commission structure for this position and we are proud to offer a competitive benefits package. A pre-employment drug screen and background check must be successfully completed.